It can be tricky to decide places to go on a date in Nairobi. With so many choices, this is my tailored guide whether you want a fun location where anything goes, a night of culture or an expensive dinner. I wish you a happy date.
There are countless good restaurants in Nairobi. I cannot list all of them and therefore just selected a few.
It is a friendly restaurant in the verdant, quiet Westlands area at Eldama Ravine Road/Peponi Junction. Ideal for a date night, the restaurant has beautiful interior, garden and terrace and an array of desserts, drinks and dishes.
Placed in the comfy neighborhood of Karen, this restaurant is a great date spot. Talisman features a stylish gastro lounge and African and Pan-Asian dishes. Looking for intimacy? Talisman is the real deal.
Emerald Garden-Thai Restaurant
Located at UN Avenue, Nairobi, this Thai Restaurant is ideal for dates because of the relaxing, calm and romantic setting. They also feature wonderful menu to die for!
Located along Argwings Kodhek road Hurlingham and reknown for its Ethiopian cuisine. This is a perfect restaurant if you are looking for something different an unique.
Enjoy a movie date at Nairobi’s fantastic theaters including IMAX (20th Century Plaza, long Mama Ngina Street); 7D Cinema at TRM, Thika Road; Century Cinemax Junction (Junction Mall, Ngong Road), Fox Cineplex Sarit Centre, Westlands, and most recently IMAX Garden City.
A game drive creates enough time to bond. Carry enough snacks and drinks during the tours. Some of the places to go for a game drive include Giraffe centre, the animal orphanage, the Nairobi National Park and much more.
Splash water world, Village market, YMCA Nairobi, Kasarani Sports center are just some of the few places you can swim in Nairobi. Most of the Hotels with swimming pools are also open for public but make sure you call before just to confirm.
This is actually only available in Panari Sky Center along Mombasa Road. You can never go wrong with this if you are someone who likes trying out new stuff, not afraid of some hard falls and sour buttocks afterwards.
Cheap but nice places
- Jivanjee Gardens- A free, easily accessible, open garden situated in the CBD.
- KICC rooftop- KICC has a cool rooftop, also a helipad. It is a cool place for to view the beautiful sunset as your share moments with your partner.
- Rock city gardens-Located on Kiambu Road, enjoy a merry-go round, roll coaster ride, circus activities, swimming and much more.
- Nairobi Nature Walk- Located in KWS headquarters, it is an ideal date spot as you enjoy iconic nature trails as you bond.
- Nairobi Arboretum –Hold hands, run around and share a kiss in a serene environment. Nairobi Arboretum is situated along State House Road, Kilimani.
- Karura Forest –Located along Kiambu road. Get a map and go for an adventure dip into the forest by feet or rent a bicycle.
- Paradise Lost – Located along Kiambu Road too and it sure is a lost paradise. It is one of the personal favourites on places to go on a date when it comes to privacy, nature, adventure and budget. Here you will have boat rides, horse rides, carmel rides and get to tour the caves by the water falls. I have seen people swim in the river too…..if you are a real adventure junky
There are so many places to go on a date. If you know of some place or activity which I have not mentioned, just write it on the comment and I will update it on the post.